TOTal SOLAR ECLIPSE – JULY | 2019
Most accommodations along the path of totality have been sold out for months, but we have secured otherworldly options for you on this RPCV-led tour!
- Astronomical Wonder On July 2, 2019, the new moon’s umbra will pass directly overhead for eclipse chasers, and in a moment of extreme rarity, the disc of the moon will cover the sun’s face for the sight of a lifetime. Together, we will we observe 2 minutes and 15 seconds of an awe-inspiring, knee-weakening, breathtaking wonder.
- Otherworldly Landscapes Imagine yourself amidst the regal Andes Mountains, the surreal Atacama Desert, and sipping award-winning vino on Chilean vineyards.
- Leading Experts Feed your curiosity with private keynote presentations, lectures, and family-friendly activities.
Most accommodations along the path of totality have been sold out for months, but we have secured otherworldly options for you on this RPCV-led tour! Prices are based on double occupancy. If you wish to have a private room to yourself, a single supplement will be available. As a solo traveler, if you prefer, we can also pair you with another traveler (two twin beds, requiring no single supplement, based on availability).
This trip is accessible for most travelers. That being said, please note that the trip can involve the following: somewhat long days, a good amount of walking (including stairs, varied elevations, and uneven surfaces), and high elevations. If you have any medical conditions or other concerns, there will be opportunity for you to make us aware of them, and then we can determine if the trip is appropriate for you.
- Accommodations as described in the itinerary
- most meals
- Transportation by private, air-conditioned motor coach as well as transfers for the group as appropriate
- English speaking guide/interpreter to accompany through the whole touring period
- Preparatory cultural and reading materials
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Expenses of a purely personal nature (including cab fares, laundry and other personal items, room service charges)
- Transportation of luggage in excess of weight allowance
- Travel insurance (we strongly advise that each participant arrange for their own travel insurance)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Medical expenses
- Costs associated with trip interruption or modification due to weather, travel conditions, political/civil disputes, medical emergencies or other causes beyond our control
Cancellation by Traveler
The $250 trip deposit is non-refundable.
- 25% non-refundable 120 days or more prior to departure
- 50% non-refundable 119 to 90 days prior to departure
- 75% non-refundable 89 to 60 days prior to departure
- 100% non-refundable 59 days or less prior to departure
If a traveler leaves the trip for any reason after it has commenced, we are not obligated to make any refunds for unused services. If a travelers fails to join a tour, join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no refund will be made.
Cancellation by Trip Operator - Insider Expeditions (IE)
IE may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events, it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If IE cancels the trip, traveler can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or alternatively receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
est. price - $5999.00
This trip is coordinated by RPCV Mary Bruce of tour operator Insider Expeditions.
Full Ticket orders available 90 days before departure. Reservation fee will be credited towards full ticket.